Every year, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport holds at least two International Conventions namely: the International Council Meeting (ICM) and the Africa Forum.
While ICM will be holding in Poland in June 2018, the Africa Forum holds in Abuja, Nigeria in March 2018.
As a global Institute with members across 100 countries, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) is acknowledged as the most outstanding professional body for capacity building in all areas of logistics, transport and supply chain. Given the potentials of logistics and transport in a globally service-oriented economy, it is certain that the institute holds the key to unlocking Africa’s potentials.
Essentially, these meetings provide the opportunity to address issues pertinent to logistics and transport and their outcomes inform policy directions and global interventions.
For example, Logistics has become a new parameter for measuring the global competitiveness hence the World Bank Global Logistics Performance Index (LPI). However, since 2007 when LPI was introduced, no African country has made the top 20 on the list. Therefore, building logistics and transport capacity may well be the critical path to the continent’s competitiveness.
The AFRICA FORUM will feature:
- International Conference with the theme: Building Capacity for Efficient Logistics and Transport Services in Africa. The conference will focus on the three pillars of capacity building namely: human capacity, financial capacity and Infrastructural capacity.
- Seasoned speakers across Africa including international and Regional Development organizations and financial institutions.
- High level Professional, business and social networking sessions
- Delegation Meeting
- Women in Logistics and Transport (WiLAT), Session
- Young Professional (YP), Session
- Dinner and Traditional African entertainment etc.
The Forum will attract crème-de la-crème from across governments in Africa, local and international business organisations, foreign missions, members of CILT within and outside Africa, industry captains, delegates from over 12 African countries, members of the Institute and non-members, policy makers amongst others. This is the largest annual continental event of the Institute and promises high quality knowledge sharing and international networking and business opportunities. Join us in this all-important conversation at the NICON LUXURY Hotel, Abuja between the 14th and 16th March, 2018.